Island Press offers a limited number of internship opportunities for students and artists interested in print collaboration and arts administration.
For fall and spring semester internships, enrollment is done by semester, and full-semester internships are preferred. Internships are unpaid, but students may receive up to 3 units of academic credit.
Summer internships are unpaid, but interns will receive an honorarium of $1,000 to help offset living expenses.
Summer internship: February 15, 2017
Summer 2017 Internship Description
Summer interns will work as assistant printers, editioning projects by past visiting artists including Dario Robleto and Michael Williams, and will perform administrative duties related to the operation of the press. Interns work under the supervision of Tom Reed, master printer, and Lisa Bulawsky, director.
• Summer interns work for a minimum of 25 hours per week during the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. There also will be occasional work that is required and/or can be accomplished outside of these days/times.
• Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and detail-oriented, and will possess good communication skills.
• Prior experience is required.
• Prior experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and Epson large format printers is preferable.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Brief cover letter explaining: 1) your interest in an Island Press internship; 2) your prior experience and how it applies to this opportunity
• Resume, including current contact information (ie., mailing address, email, phone number, and Skype name)
• Names and contact information for 2 references
• 5 jpgs (72 dpi, 1,000 pixels on longest side) of your work